Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 46 - 100 Degrees

There have been 9 days of 100 degree or higher weather in OKC this June, today was one of them, but it was somehow a pretty pleasant day :)Some cool things about the 100 plus degree weather today:

- I made tea this morning that I didn't have time to drink, so I left it in my car. It wasn't a good temperature when I came back around 12:00pm, but by 5:00 is nice and toasy again.

- Taking a shower becomes slightly more thrilling. Unlike in winter, when you don't want to get out of the shower, there is limited fear of the cold.

- Sweating is good for your skin? This might be a push, but my skin does seem to like it better here.

- It makes staying up late and waking up early extra nice, because it's nicer out at those times :)

- Dresses!

- The thrill of distant fall. Mmmmm... How I love cozy fall.


Other things that make me happy:
- Extreme feats to save animals.
- The change in character enabled by playing contact sports.
- Playing epic trips to foreign countries! New Years in Ireland!!!

2 comments:

COmeetsNE said...

So do you recount the days everytime you post? Or did you do it all at once on a calendar somewhere?

bgoose said...

Oh if i were only that clever. I pretend to recount. Then I think about it for a while. And then I think of a good number. I feel pretty clever anyway.