Thursday, June 16, 2011

LUSK WY

Here are the courthouse pictures from my Lusk trip! I took over 100 pictures on this trip, so here's just a start of what I did with my time there. And let me just say I am a very productive person.
 As seen by my bounding with the local residents. There were animal heads and skins hung all over the town. And there were quite a few live animals too. In this picture I am trying to make the buffalo feel better about not being alive anymore. Not sure if it helped. Sorry that you almost went extinct buddy!
This is outside the museum, I tried to climb into this stage coach but was concerned I'd break it. It did not seem stable. I'll show you pictures of the creepy museum in the near future!

 This is me working! It was in fact a work trip. I am seen here reading, typing, AND writing. So focused. So real.
 Here are just a few of the many, many books I was looking at to run title. They are heavy.
 Here is the outside of the courthouse where I spend the majority of my time in Lusk. It was beautiful! It even didn't smell like weird, musky library-ness on the inside -- bonus!
 This is me staring down the buffalo!
This is some of the text I was reading! It was a step below a romance novel but a step above a dictionary. I read (or tried to read) a lot of these. I think this was part of a warrenty deed!

I had a great time in Lusk, no joke. The weather was perfect. Like absolutely perfect. I played golf outside and this happy little breeze went through the open (bug-free) doors of the courthouse. I feel like I learned a significant amount about running title and had a great time with the Lusk crew! They were wonderful at teaching me things, but even better about entertaining me! I went to South Dakota (!) on Monday and went to a BBQ, went tandem biking (including mountain tandem biking), hiking, and park golfing on Tuesday! It reminded me a ton of Gunnison and the people were just as nice!

No comments: