Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 34 - Creepy Museum

So during one of our lunch breaks I convinced the Landman, Steven, to go to the museum with me. It was called the "Stage Coach" Museum, but it had a bit of everything. Steven commented that it seemed like a collection of anything old and random. That seemed about right.  
This is me under a... Rusty triceratops? Yeah, I am pretending to be one.

This is me, farming? I think? It was hard to get on it, I thought I was going to get cut on it! Not really sure exactly what it did (as it has no label or anything). Also not sure if I was supposed to get on it (there was no sign telling me not ;))

 This is me next to my new friend. When closer to her she really appeared to need a dusting. I'm glad our shirts look similar though, I felt hip because we matched.
This is Steven and his new bride. I don't think he would be happy if he knew I put this up here. Hehe.

I was rather afraid to touch this. It looked like it might eat me.

 There was also a geology section.
 And a gnome section?
But other all it was a creepy, quiet (we were the only ones there), interesting, weird, scattered little museum. Here are the manikins. They had such a variety of facial detail that it looked like some were staring into your soul and like others had just lost theirs. It was rather unsettling. I was happy to get back outside to the nice WY weather. Interesting cultural experience though, the people in Lusk have a lot of town pride. So I'm glad they got to share a little in their museum. Makes me excited to see the Oklahoma Cowboy Museum tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think every little town has one of these - I remember visiting the farming(?) museum in Wichita, KS when I was younger and wondering what old clothes had to do with farming...they also had a polio-treatment-machine...not sure what it did, how it worked or why it was in a farming museum, but it still gives me nightmares

bgoose said...

exactly! they had a weird surgery section too! super scary. Weird to know I'm not the only one with creepy small town museum experiences.

Unknown said...

hahaha too funny, I think I will search one of these out in NE....