Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 43 - New things: Sailing, Catfish, Alligator

I've been trying to challenge myself as a person and not let new experiences escape me this summer. And this weekend that has been working out perfectly. I feel like I've been having a "yes man" weekend, and I love it!

I went sailing last night, I went to a geology social (and no I'm not in geology, so this was kinda silly) but I ended up chatting Colorado talk with some lovely people (who always seem to end up being high up VPs, I feel like a silly social climber) but they were all very nice. I was invited when I ran into my geology roommate on the way home, she pulled up next to me at a stop-light and asked me to go. I figured, why not? Who cares if I'm not a geologist? They certainly didn't.

Then while visiting with geologist my roommate was invited by an old college friend who happens to live in OKC (they went to college together in WV) to go sailing. I wished her a good time and while meeting her friends they somehow invited me to tag along. I felt a little out of place at first but they were very nice and clearly I could not turn down sailing. So I went sailing for the first time! I thought I was going to fall into the water a few times, but it was a blast. We sailed on Lake Hefner and it was gorgeous. We sailed for hours until sunset, and boy was I a happy camper. I loved the nonmotorized concept and would love to go again as soon as possible.

Then today I headed out to lunch with a friend and then again with some other interns, which turned into an afternoon of silliness and soon of dinner. Where I tried both alligator AND catfish. I feel like a real southern folk now. Except that I'm slightly afraid of seafood. Oh well today I will get over that and work the attitude of a real southern bell. Because trying new things is inspiring, and southern women know what they want, and I want to be inspired. :)


This is a sailboat on Lake Hefner, yup that's pretty much exactly as pretty as it looked like.


Here's a picture I love: it's by Lauren Lemon and it selfishly makes me think of me, but i adore it so much I'll get over that personal indulgence. for more of her quirky work: http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/quirky-cool-and-creative

2 comments:

COmeetsNE said...

You are adventurous! Catfish and Alligator? Ew! You definitely kick my but at experiencing new things. Love you and can't wait to see you soon!

bgoose said...

I can't wait to see you soon too! sorry our conversations have been so short recently :( I've been preoccupied, and obviously you are so occupied you hardly have time to breath. But thanks for reading my blog! I love you and will have to call you ... right now :D