Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 8

Weird differences between Oklahoma and Colorado as I have noticed so far, mainly pretaining to Mexican restaurants. Of which I have been to three of in the last four days, yes I agree this seems odd, but we've been celebrating birthdays and Western State. They are the only restraunts I've been to in the last week if that helps at all.

Anyway the differences:

In colorado:
Everyone shares one or two baskets of chips and one or two salsas for a group of people

In oklahoma:
Everyone gets there own salsas and there appears to be a max of two people for chip basket.

In colorado:
You order a sopa pia after your meal by them asking. It is usually plain and servered with honey and powdered sugar.

In oklahoma:
No one really mentions them, because a small one is free with each meal usually. It is small served with honey and is covered in white cane sugar and cinnamon.


Clearly, I'm really focused on the important things here. Keeping it real.

I also have a blog on clothes, but that will have to wait, it needs to be edited and toned down. you know how daring clothes commentaries can be....

So much to say and so little time to sleep! Hopefully I'll add to this tomorrow.

Oh and no roommate today :( will have to wait til tomorrow. Oh and the campus fitness center is awesomely over-the-top. I got lost. And it was awesome.

Oh and I had my first Tornado warning today!


Yet the weather was actually pretty sunny and not too windy. Go figure. I really enjoy this scary picture though.

2 comments:

COmeetsNE said...

Tornado warning?! Oh wow. Well we have thunderstorms today. I couldn't buy gas because lightning knocked out their computers.

And now I really want mexican food...

bgoose said...

Yeah and now its hailing! way worse today, I parked my car in a garage for a while but had to move it to get to work tomorrow, i hope it works out :/

Sorry about your natural gas, i'm sure you'll get it soon. Sorry i didn't help with the move, you know I would of. mom made it sound like it was a great workout lol.

I love you! can't wait to go out for mexican with you someday in not too too long :)