Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 16

Finished my first professional training class ever today -- "Exceptional Presentation Skills"

It was... not particularly exceptional, but definitely useful seeming and I felt like i got something out of it.
I was with about 10 other employees from the most random departments. We had an accountant, a fitness instructor, a safety expert, and me, the intern. They all talked a ton about their family. I was the only one without kids or pregnant. Strange indeed. But they were nice and some of them really seemed to improve a ton over the last two days. It was refreshing to see! And I saw some interesting presentations (why to focus on strengthening muscles to burn more calories, why we need new mapping software, why hedging is actually a good thing, trips for driving backwards... etc.)

I am excited to go back to normal internship though, I miss feeling helpful and like I'm helping my department by accomplishing things aside from my own development. So tomorrow should be awesome possum! And I accomplished some of my goals!
- I have lunch plans tomorrow (with my home college interns but its a start)
- I cooked (my roommate has noted that everything I cook involves corn or cheese. I feel so healthy lol)
- I've worked out the last 4 days and I played some volleyball, which makes me super happy!
- I've met a ton of interns recently

I also attended a concert today at work, which was super cool and a little different. Everyone got out of work an hour early to watch a live band. Apparently this happens every two weeks, cool?

I miss home more than usual today though, it reminds me of my second week at western freshmen year. Where it finally clicks that I have to met so many new people to click with because I don't have my favorite people remotely near :( There is always June though, it looks like I'll be headed to denver for a weekend before a work week in WY!!!!

No comments: