Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 5 and 6

Oklahoma City day 4/5
Yesterday I met with a friend of a friend who lives in OKC and went to a dance recital. It was my third one I’ve ever attended and I must say dancing children are simply adorable! It was a religious and family oriented show, which was very different for me, but I enjoyed it for sure. It had a very different feel and style, but my favorite dances were definitely the hip hop ones! Yes, you can in fact Hip Hop to the lord. Interesting indeed.
I then watched my first Oklahoma City Thunder game! Which was surprisingly awesome. Usually I can’t follow sports but the Thunder were great and I got into it despite not being a huge fan. And they won! (as everyone within 300 miles knows, these people are super dedicated to their team!)

I also was introduced to a great Mexican restraint in town. I can’t remember the name :/ but it was wonderful. With salsa and tortillas and sopa pias for free… weird, right? But awesome! And super yummy! Real food… strange concept.

I also had my first day of work today!!!!
It was great. I was super excited to be around people (I don’t do well with quiet) and I was stoked to get my job assignment --which I think I’m going to really enjoy as well. I’m in the Rockies division, meaning I get to work on leases in my home area! Awesome! I’m actually working on leasing in Wyoming, but still, cool stuff! I have my own mentor and office and everything! It is super exciting! I’m a little sad I don’t work with any other interns directly but I really hope to help on the projects a ton and they seem super busy and like they need the help – hopefully I can lighten the load J

I would tell you more as I’m stoked, but it is past 11:00 here and I have to wake up at 7:00 (I’m a lover of sleep).

No comments: