Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 14 - Hiding in a basement, wanting to go shopping

So sick of the weather (and I like rainy days), that I don't want to talk about the fact that I've been hiding in a basement all evening listening to sirens. My boss is super nice and let us hang out in his basement with his family. That's the only thing I'm going to share about that experience, I just don't want to remember that my car is still in the work garage so I can avoid hail (because its not over yet!).


I want to focus more of my time here so here are some things I'd like to do more of:
- Cook! (I only have a kitchen for the summer)
    I'm been enjoying making new recipes of mac'n'cheese, and I'm feeling waffles and cookies in the near future.
- More workout classes (I have them free at work)
- More exploring (I've been pretty good about this though)
- Take more risks meeting people, very few interns know people, so maybe I'll try to arrange a lunch with the group of us rather than us all going home or out on our own.

Things to celebrate:
- My first workout class at work! It was a restorative yoga class, and I've never done restorative yoga, so I guess that was a first too. It was more of a relaxation activity than a workout, but I enjoyed it a ton! Just me and the teacher, it was a late class so most people had to go back to work. I was on a machine for a while and was, of all things, watching the Food Network. It made me hungry. Counter-productive.
- Having a nice boss
- Employment
- Surviving my first tornados
- Having access to a car tomorrow and better weather
--> Shopping!
Embarrassing:
I went to a 3D movie on Friday and as I walked out I put the glasses into the recycling bin. I was trying to find my sunglasses but all I could find were 3D glasses. I recycled my good sunglasses. Brilliant.

No comments: