Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 7 -- Not quite the real disneyland but certainly not gangland.

To be honest I have no idea if its Day 7 or not (that doesn't really make since as I've been here since only Wednesday night and started this blog Thursday, but I'm not an accouting intern, i'm a land intern, so go figure)

I had my second day of work today! It was awesome once again. I'm definitely learning things and getting a chance to apply a thing or two I learned in my classes last semester. I love it when school applies to the real world. I am a land survey system master! (okay maybe not quite)

I had a lunch with the Western Group (represent CO!) and tomorrow I'm headed out to lunch for a birthday of one of the girls in the office. They are all super friendly.

I have to say the people here have pleasantly surprised me, I'm a little high-strung on my friendly people, meaing I love friendly people and the small town I'm from (which I joke is the real Disneyland, where people are legitly happy rather than fake disneyland happy). I also had this idea of OK as a crime capital (I blame this on the Wikipedia). But am happy to report the area I'm in is rather chipper and feels safe.

Other note worthy things about work:
- I get to use maps! I am a proponent of maps.
- I have a lounge chair rather than a desk chair at my desk, and it is actually really comfortable
- the campus could not be prettier (unfortunately it shows up my college campus)
- I may get to keep the lounge chair and have an office chair in my office!
- friendly work emails


Goals tomorrow:
- Go to the campus fitness center (maybe swim?)
- find a post office and send many things
- meet one of my roommates! (this isn't really a goal i suppose, its just going to happen, but is exciting all the same)
- Buy more food and find a thrift store to purchase golf clubs (i need to replace fly fishing somehow)
- stay focused and accomplish things at work

No comments: