Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 11

Went to bricktown today on a whim. What a gorgeous downtown area! They made a faux river front surrounded by buildings.

To get exercise my roommate and I took to downtown to get exercise and be tourists. We parked in bricktown and trekked to the Oklahoma City Memorial. It was a long walk (exactly what I hoped for) and the memorial was quiet and thoughtful. It was a sad introspection to a great day and beautifully designed. I hope to go to the museum in the future, but it was about as much of a downer as I could handle. I also want to go back and see it at night, because the markers light up.

Memorial during day:


At night:


I also went to a pool party, which was a little bit like watching live Jersey Shore, no joke. Some people who live here must have some egos on them, I've never seen so many fit people attempting to faunt themselves and dance awkwardly to music. Not a long lived party for me, but excellent people watching.

Tonight I met some more interns through a friend of my roommate, we watched the Thunder game while at dinner. It was a loss :( but a decent game and they had a decent comeback at the end up overall will be the only thing people here will talk about for the next few days. We played quarters afterward and then everyone but me went out to the bar (being 20 is not cool... so close yet so far). But a great day overall, and I am not much of a night person anyway :).

Glad to finally be meeting more people! It's looking to be a great summer! My only complaint I know I'll be making is the weather. It was 89 today and 30% humidity and I thought I was going to die of heat stroke. It felt way hotter (apparently only to me). Not sure how July is going to go with this attitude. I think I'm going to love the pool at my apartment. A lot.

Now i'm off to sleep. I've revised my plans, I'm going to go Lake chilling tomorrow, my friend from Gunnison invited me on an outing to a Lake to go on a boat and wake boarding. I couldn't say no and she let me bring my roommate, so adventures are still on my agenda! :)

No comments: