Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Oklahoma Round 2 - Leaving Colorado

So it begins again...

Do people often study abroad to the same place?
Well, I'm about to. To Oklahoma City, OK. (as an intern)

I am living with two friends from Gunnison, CO, who will hopefully be up for a few of my energetic adventures to see a state I still know very little about.  I want to get outside, sight see, and learn the locals.

Am I excited? Mostly. Being a patriot of Colorado it is very hard to leave and family and friends and a wonderful boyfriend make it exceptionally hard.

I have two days left before I hit the road and saying goodbye is not particularly fun. 

Today I went hiking to Mattew Winters, an area near the famous Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado. It was positively beautiful and full of wildflowers. It was probably close to my idea of the perfect day, hiking in a beautiful place (with my wonderful boyfriend), having a picnic in the not-too-hot spring air, and picking (mostly receiving) wildflowers. Yup, cheesey but lovely.

Anyway, I will miss you dearly Colorado. Your perfect weather, long days, fishing, friends, boyfriend, family, and perfect mix of city and nature.

I promise I will be more optimistic and thrilled by Oklahoma when I arrive, but for now I will indulge in two more days of precious Colorado.

No comments: