Saturday, May 26, 2012

Round 2 Day 14 -- Good reasons I've not been blogging, Adventures visiting from Colorado

So, before I begin here are my excuses:

- Being back to a 40 hour a week job
- Only having true free time on the weekends
- Being pleasantly busy with meeting new people

- Having my last weekend occupied with my favorite person!

My boyfriend came and visited last weekend, which means no blogging, but grand adventures.

First we cooked! Which is something we haven't been able to do often, since we both worked as resident advisers in dorms. We have worked around that by focusing on those things uncook-able (like homemade egg-nog, orange juliuses, and malts). But with a kitchen (gasp!) we had an opportunity to bake and cook more.

We made homemade pie-crust for a cookies-and-cream pie. 


We've began planning out our next cooking adventure, when we get to be together in a few weeks, which we are thinking might be soup. 

We had to wait til the next day to partake in the pie, due to the mix needing to settle, but it turned out brilliantly.

It was gone by the next night, because:
1. It was delicious
2. We had company (who had a total of one piece)
3. We finished it off after finishing our other kitchen creation of the weekend, mojitos with homemade mint syrup.





This blog is a little long, so I think I shall finish our outdoor adventures with a different post. But i was wonderful to bake and mix in a real kitchen, with the best company.

No comments: